January 31, 2011

Unfinished Projects

Since I quit my job to pursue ceramics full-time, I've been lucky enough to be extremely busy with shows and applications.  But in the new year I find myself with a completely blank slate. No deadline looms in the distance, nobody is checking in to make sure my work is coming along. I assumed a time like this would be terrifying, but so far it's been just fine. I'm taking a couple of weeks to get my studio in order, set my goals for the next six months and see friends. Also, I'd really like to finish some of the myriad side projects I've got lying around in the apartment. I don't even want to admit how long ago I started some of these things.

Here's a partial list:
Scarf for Strongbow (see previous post)
Baby sweater for Maya (see above)
Silk polygon blanket
Giant granny square lap blanket
Quilt of Gene's various old t-shirts
Black and blue quilt
Tiles for bathroom wall
Tiles for kitchen floor

No comments: